For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is Bolton Car Centre Limited located at Hypatia Street, Bolton, BL2 6AA.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Contact details that you provide by filling in forms on our site BCCcars.com including information provided when you:
• Subscribe to receive one of our e-communications;
• Order a brochure;
• Book a test drive;
• Register a product or change your vehicle ownership details;
• Enquire about a specific product;
• Request a call back;
• Respond to a campaign;
• Enter a competition or promotion;
• Submit a question to us or provide us with feedback.
2. Details of your visits to our site including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
You are provided with an opportunity to opt out from receiving communications from us or our partners at the time that your details are submitted and on each occasion that you are contacted thereafter.
What do we do with your information
Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
• Meet the terms of your order;
• Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
• Send you marketing emails if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing emails)];
• Send you direct mail regarding your vehicle or related offers and information
• Contact you via phone to follow up emails or direct mail marketing (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing contact)];
• Send you service and MOT reminders via direct mail and email (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require service or MOT reminders)];
Who we may share your information with
• We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. (if consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
• We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies where it would be reasonable to do so. (if consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
• We may be legally obliged to disclose to do so by law;
• In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
• In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
• To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information].
• Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties. Security of personal information
• We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
• We will store all the personal data you provide on our secure password-protected servers.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
• Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing in this way.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• To provide you with information about our products, services, offers or technical developments that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• To contact you regarding your opinions on our products and services which may be used for marketing, research and analysis, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We, or selected third parties, will only contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this.
Choice / opt-in and opt-out
You will be given the opportunity to opt-in or opt-out to having your contact details used as set out above, at the time your details are submitted.
For example, when you order a brochure, you can tell us when you provide your details if you do not want to receive any other information from BCC Cars, or you can let us know how best to get in touch with you with information that may be of interest.
If you do not want us to use your data as set out above, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your data.
If you no longer wish to receive email or other promotional materials from us, you may opt-out of receiving these communications at any time by one of the following methods:
• by replying to the email with ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line;
• by using the opt out boxes on the response form and submitting it;
• by writing to the Marketing Department, Bolton Car Centre, Hypatia Street, Bolton BL2 6AA;
• by calling us on 01204 374 137.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, authorised repairers or third parties working on behalf of BCC Cars.
Fake emails using Bolton Car Centre’s name
BCC Cars is aware of fake emails, popularly called "phishing" emails which can contain notices such as job advertisements, job offers and competition award notifications. These emails use BCC Cars name to pretend they are genuine and exist solely for the purpose of obtaining private information about consumers (e.g. credit card numbers or passwords). These emails have no connection with Bolton Car Centre Ltd and does not use these methods for job advertising or for communicating with competition winners.
Unfortunately, these fake emails are a growing fraud on the internet. This practice is carried out either by the sending of a bogus email directly to a victim, or by directing them to a website where personal information is requested.
Fake job offers tend to target overseas individuals, as they ask for money to be sent to them for UK visa purposes. BCC Cars never requests payments details in association with any job applications or any communication related to them. If in any doubt about the validity of a recruitment offer, please contact headoffice@BCCcars.com.
Recent email award notifications have purported to be from Bolton Car Centre. BCC Cars never requests payment details in association with competition winners or any communication related to them.
BCC Cars advises that if you receive an email using Bolton Car Centres name that asks for personal information or financial information and you have concerns about its authenticity, then please treat such emails with extreme caution.
Correcting / updating / accessing personal information
If your personal information changes (such as post code, email address, etc.), or if we have inaccurate information, we will endeavour to correct, update or remove your personal information from our database. To notify us of a change or inaccuracy, you can advise us using our Update your Details form or by calling us on 01204 374 137.
How you can access the information we hold about you
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request
• Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
• If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible.
• If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we hold we will do so as quickly as possible.
• If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible.
Subject access requests
If you would like to access the personal information that Bolton Car Centre holds about you, please write to us at Bolton Car Centre Ltd, Hypatia Street, Bolton BL2 6AA for the attention of the marketing department.
Links to third party sites
Notification of changes
Any data protection issues can be directed to the marketing team via marketing@BCCcars.com.